Keyshia Cole Covers Essence Magazine


In the new issue of Essence Magazine Keyshia Cole speaks about breaking off an engagement to a man with a ten year old son, that she was dating for a year and a half. Although she did not reveal the identitiy of her ex-fiancee.


“I just couldn’t do it. It’s weird. After this guy proposed to me, I was like, dang, this is everything a woman lives for: to be married, with a ring, to be able to represent something. But for me, it was the opposite. I was scared. When you get married, you become one; you don’t live just for yourself anymore. I’m just not ready for that. I’m not done with my goals in life. What’s the word when you just kind of fall back and let your man do the man thing? Submit? I’m all jacked up on that word. I just couldn’t submit. But I loved him. That’s the crazy thing about it. It’s been hard because I really missed that child.”


0 comments: