Mariah Carey's New Tune's

Mariah Carey is giving us a preview on what we can expect from her new album.


She tells Interview magazine:


“It’s a fun record - it’s been my obsession. Look, to me, that I’m able to do what I love for a living is a gift from God. I could be doing something I hate every day. Yes, sometimes it’s tough because I’ve got to sleep 15 hours to sing the way I want to. It’s not easy because my vocal chords are different than most people’s. But that aside, this album has been so much fun because I’m writing with a lot different people but mainly a lot of rappers and I will bring something to the table that they wouldn’t have and vice versa.”


“Swizz Beats and I have been working together. He was really young when I first met him and now he’s got all these Warhols - I’m like, This dude is rich! He’s great. I’m really excited about a couple of songs we’ve done together.”


“I sat in the hot tub the other night playing some songs for some friends and one of them felt that it was a very pro-woman kind of thing. And I was like, “You know what, I didn’t do that intentionally.” It is not that the songs are male-bashing, but she felt that it was very empowered-woman moment. I love to be able to play things for people who can listen to something rough. When I’m playing something for someone from the record company I need to perfect it a little bit more.”

0 comments: