A NEW HOPE

Barack Obama makes his second appearance on the cover of ROLLING STONE magazine. Inside the magazine the Democratic Presidential nominee share his thoughts on the state of hip hop as well as to what is currently playing on his iPod. Here's an excerpt from the magazine:

Asked what he thought of rap, Obama said the genre has broken down barriers within the music world, though he's concerned about his daughters -- Malia, 9, and Sasha, 7 -- listening to it.
"I am troubled sometimes by the misogyny and materialism of a lot of rap lyrics," he said, "but I think the genius of the art form has shifted the culture and helped to desegregate music."
He said hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and rappers Jay-Z and Ludacris were "great talents and great businessmen."
"It would be nice if I could have my daughters listen to their music without me worrying that they were getting bad images of themselves," he added.
To read more pick up a copy of Rolling Stones on newstands today.

0 comments: