TEAIRRA MARI SPEAKS OUT ABOUT JAY-Z & MORE

In a recent interview with AllHipHop.com, former Princess of The Roc, Teairra Marí spoke out on the current status of her relationship with one-time mentor Jay-Z and the misdirection on her first LP:

AHHA: Is there still a relationship at all with Jay-Z?
Teairra Marí: There is no relationship there at all. I haven't heard from him since that time. I think I sent him a happy birthday message because his birthday is two days after mine, like two years ago and since then it's been nothing. And I don't want it to be – Actually, it's fine because I was a young girl. If you could come into a young girl’s life and then just throw her on the curb, you put this father presence on and then be like, “I’m done with it.” I don’t want a relationship like that.

AHHA: With your first album, Roc-A-Fella Presents Teairra Mari, do you feel that project accurately depicted where you wanted you career to go and what you wanted your sound to be?
Teairra Marí: I was 17 and I had a parental advisory sticker on the album. I was totally against that. I was pre-instructed to do what I did. They wanted me to be that rebellious, young teenager. At the time I was going through a rebellious stage so I guess I could see it, but the curse words I didn’t totally understand it, like a cursing 17-year-old girl. I just did what I was told because I believed in those people.

0 comments: