Michael Vick: "I've Found Jesus"


Michael Vick pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges before a judge in Richmond, Va. He now awaits a Dec. 10 sentencing date that could send him to prison for up to five years, but rumor is he'll get two.

Atlanta Falcons football player Michael Vick made a public statement:

"First, I want to apologize for all the things that I have done and that I have allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to Commissioner Goodell, Arthur Blank, coach Bobby Petrino, my Atlanta Falcons teammates, for our previous discussions that we had, and I was not honest and forthright in our discussions. I was ashamed, and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least. I want to apologize to all the young kids out there, for my immature acts, and what I did was very immature, so that means I need to grow up...

"I feel like we all make mistakes. I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. Those things just can't happen. Dog fighting is a terrible thing and I didn't reject it. I'm upset with myself and through this situation I've found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God, and I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.


ESPN reported that most of the people who came out for Vick's guilty plea actually were there to support and cheer Vick. Many in the crowd came armed with signs that read: "Michael, we got your backfield," "Everyone makes mistakes" and "Don't listen to them haters Vick."
Vick will be on the Tom Joyner radio show Tuesday morning, answering questions from callers. The show airs 6 – 10 AM EST and can be heard at BlackAmericaWeb.com.


source: ESPN/AP

0 comments: